Friday 4 June 2010

Alhamdulillah

Just want to give thanks to Allah, the Lord of the Universe. For everything big and small that He has endowed me with, every moment of breath He continues to give and more. And Allah says in Surah al-Baqarah 2/152:
فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلا تَكْفُرُونِ
((Therefore remember Me. I will remember you, and be grateful to Me and never be ungrateful to Me))

I therefore say الحمد لله حمداً كثيراً طيباً مباركاً فيه
Transliteration: Alhamdulillaah, hamdan katheeran tayyiban mubaarakan feeh
Translation: All praise be to Allah, much good and blessed praise.

I know things don't always turn out the way one wants them to turn out. Even then, alhamdulillaah 'alaa kulli haal (Praise be to Allah, in all circumstances)

And as the Prophet of Allah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam, said as reported in Musnad Ahmad 2/258,
من لا يشكر الناس لا يشكر الله
((Whoever does not thank the people, does not thank Allah))

I thank my parents, my sister, my aunts, my grandparents, my cousins and uncles, and whoever else I have ties with. It is probably due to your supplications to Allah for me that I am where I am and I stand how I stand. I know I disappoint you lot and cause you to worry countless times ... I probably have not lived up to your expectations. Indeed I cannot live up to the expectations of the One who created me, so I know my worthlessness, despite what you think of me. And I cannot say I am not disappointed at myself, but this is how we learn our lessons, this is why we hope to become better. I'm not the guy to climb Mt Everest and make headlines and I am sorry for giving some of you the impression that I could go even higher. I truly am.

Life is good. It could have been a lot better, just as it could have been a lot worse. So no complaints. Alhamdulillaah wa jazaakumullaahu khair.

2 comments:

  1. Wal Hamdulillah, jazzakAllahu Khayr brother. One thing though, you do detest your Muslim fellows [jihadi takfiris, khawarijs, etc..]. But we all have some ignorance within us.

    ReplyDelete