Sunday 23 May 2010

The Lost saga finally comes to an end ...

This is the TV series Lost, that I'm talking about. It's been over 5 years that this show's been running, and people been saying it's the best TV series ever in terms of thrill and adventure and mysteries (beating X-files?). I started three years up the line, and honestly, I haven't seen any other show that created this much attention and hype. You had Prison Break, Heroes, 24, etc but compared to Lost, they are not in the same league!

So finally we'd have the last episode of the final, sixth season on May 23rd (Sunday) at 9 pm EST and would be shown on May 24th, 5 am (Monday) in UK. I mean people who know about it, would know how big this hype is. Magazines, newspapers, websites, forums, etc are all crazy about what is to happen and what they are to do once it's over. I can't say I'm not excited either, it's the build up of anticipations.

Even my sister got hooked into it only months back. How sad. It's been 5 years, and now as it's about to be over for good, you get hooked into it?! She's got tens of episodes to catch up!

So there's a number of questions that the audience is hoping to get answers for. I've been disappointed with many episodes, especially the recent ones where the whole thing makes little sense. So many characters died and so many things happened, all because you want to protect an island for some source of light that nobody knows what good it does? Even that "bad guy" (aka Man in Black, Smokey) is not all bad. He was good until his fake mother turned him bad and his twin brother Jacob couldn't control his rage to turn him into what he is. Why blame Smokey, when it's Jacob and the fake mother that made him what he is?!

TV series disappoint me most of the time. Heroes took a sharp downturn after Season 1 and Prison Break was like continuing just for the sake of continuing. At least cartoons like Tom and Jerry's are better that they can go on and on, for the sole purpose of entertainment.

I am not going to watch it live. I don't have TV subscription. I steal shows and movies off the net, thanks to zillions of torrent and flash video sites. (You wouldn't steal a car, would you? Heck yeah I would, if I could steal over the internet! Don't tempt me!) Yeah I'm an internet-pirate, and a good one at it! It would have been nicer to be able to watch this final episode live, it's a whacking 2.5 hrs episode, but I guess I have no option other than to wait few hours after it's been aired for the torrent.

(Update: Some helpful internet pirate was kind enough to provide me live streaming links to watch from)

  1. http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-abc.html
  2. http://www.veetle.com/view/index.html#4bb345a29e052

Just some rant on a sunny Sunday. I wish I could go outside and enjoy the sun, as it's depressing having to stay indoors on a day like this, but there's just too much things out there you know

Update: The best and simple explanation of all that happened over the last 6 seasons is posted here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/board/thread/163537934?d=163537934&p=1#163537934

For more explanations and theories, check: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Alternate, satirical endings:




http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/jimmy-kimmel-live-aloha-to-lost-all.html

No comments:

Post a Comment