Friday 7 May 2010

What's a blog for?

Thought of the day. After I came across yet another blogger with the most random post ever.

He says:

Voting in the election
Tonight, I voted in the General Election. My local polling station was at Widcombe Baptist Chapel shown below. I am currently watching results come in. It is now 12.40am and so far there have only been five declarations.


How random! What the hell does that got to do with anything in this world?! Of course he was referring to the British parliamentary election that's gone past yesterday, but seriously, what's his 4 statements post for and what's a blog for? Ah, wikipedia saved the day!

Personal blogs
The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life, or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality.


That clears up. The dude was making an entry in his web diary, and taking pride in it, even if it never gets read. But I read it and my blog is personal too! So here's a better diary entry from your guy next door:


Today I felt like a zombie, only I craved for sleep instead of blood. That's because I have not slept more than 3 hours in the last 30 hours, and my only source of caffeine was two Red Bull drinks. I also went to supermarket and saw some British soldiers, one of them having the tag name 'Butcher'.


What's the fuss about the election anyway?
Without getting into politics, people and the media are really overdoing this election thing. It's getting on my nerves now. I got hold of the news that an Oxford grad Bengali woman has been elected for the first time from an East London centre. I hope she changes things around, because her neighbourhood is one of the dirtiest and stinkiest neighbourhood in Britain and it shows what can happen when South Asian minorities turn into majority over good old whites. I'm so glad I don't live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment