Thursday 15 April 2010

Poem - One Step Nearer

I am not a poet. I don't do poems. But I would share some poems from this individual called Stanley Smith from England. I think I saw him in a mosque or a community hall once, but I can't be sure. He's a white man past his 50s - a man who embraced Islam, who embraced the truth. The poems are quite good I'd say, for what it's worth.

From his words:

"These poems would never have been written had it not been for the inspiration I received from reading the Koran (it's pronounced Qur'aan, Uncle) and for all the help I have received from my friends, who have helped me to begin to understand and opened my eyes.

I only hope that in some way these verses will touch the hearts of those that read them.

I hope I continue to progress and that I can be worthy.
"


One Step Nearer

Are you one step nearer
To fulfilling your dream
Or has it become just a might have been
The star you saw within your grasp
Did it slip through your fingers
A thing of the past

Are you footsore and weary
Made many mistakes
But don't give up now
You are reaching the gates
The gates that will open like the sun after rain
Restoring your soul
All has not been in vain

Allah was with you
And when you were weak
Gave you rest for a moment
Put salve on your feet
Kept the light burning
You knew from within
Although the flame flickered
It never went dim

The time will come surely
Before Him we stand
Here I am Allah
Await your command
And hopefully then
You will realize too
The dream that you had
Has become really true

No comments:

Post a Comment